In worship, we joyfully praise and honor the triune God
In worship, we acknowledge God’s presence in the world and in our lives
In worship, we offer our time, talents and treasures to God
In worship, we are equipped to serve God in the world
We believe that worship, witness and service are one and the same. Worship is a response to our calling as individuals — and a reflection of our commitment as a body of believers.
Join us, and find an experience that’s warm and familiar, thoughtful and intentional, engaging and challenging.
Regular Worship Services
8:00am every Sunday
All ages welcome
10:30am every Sunday
See a calendar of upcoming worship services and events
Presbyterian Church USA (PCUSA) and First Presbyterian Church of Richardson observe two sacraments in worship:
The Lord’s Supper: typically the first Sunday of each month
- During communion, we remember God’s covenant promise — and we pledge our obedience by sharing the bread and cup
- Grape juice and gluten-free wafers are available
- We recognize baptism as the cornerstone of Christian commitment.
- Children: Baptism (by sprinkling of water) is offered to children of FPCR members
- Adults: Baptism (by sprinkling of water) is open to any candidate willing to proclaim his or her faith
We’d love to welcome you into Christ’s body and into this family. If you want to be baptized at First Presbyterian Church of Richardson, please contact the Church Office to arrange a meeting at your convenience. For membership information, please click here.
Lectionary and Sermons
As a congregation of the Presbyterian Church USA (PCUSA), First Presbyterian follows a lectionary that outlines scripture readings for specific days and occasions.
With few exceptions, we follow the 3-year “Revised Common Lectionary”
Sermons at First Presbyterian are intended to make the lectionary material real and meaningful in the lives of our congregants.
Members and non-members alike are welcome to celebrate marriage at First Pres. Just contact the church office, and let’s create a meaningful, memorable ceremony and reception for you and your family.
- Weddings are held in the Sanctuary or Chapel
- Receptions are held in the Fellowship Hall
- Contact the Church Office to begin your wedding planning
The Sanctuary and Chapel are open to members and their families for funerals (with remains present) and memorial services (without remains present).
- May take place before or after burial
- Contact the Church Office for scheduling and assistance
The worship ministry at First Pres works with the pastor and staff to plan and execute every facet of the worship experience. Our desire is to create an environment where members and guests can commune with God and enjoy fellowship with other believers.
If you’d like to learn more about how worship happens at First Pres — or if you’d like to contribute your time and talents to preparing for worship, please contact the ministry chair.